18 februari, 2021
A digital ecosystem is the term given to a set of products, services, and end-users that are bound together in a symbiotic manner, an ecosystem map is how an organisation’s digital properties visualise these connections. By creating an ecosystem map you can establish a perception on how to leverage your brand to achieve your goals in the digital space.
1. Identify an easy to interact model – “Simplify functionality”
2. Show how content users avail, duplicate, or share
3. Illustrate how users interact with other users, and how data/content is shared
4. Reveal services at their disposal
5. Display the types of devices
6. Indicate all digital avenues for interactions
An example of a digital ecosystem.
The digital ecosystem map can help you identify what value, and where, is created for your organisation. They are as follows:
1. Potential increase in revenues
The seamless access to content/data/reports and leveraging on the insights it delivers opens-up for your organisation to understand your customers better.
2. Develop end-user loyalty
Focus on connecting more with the end-user to increase the value of their time, product, service or resource.
3. Speedy decision making process
Decision making across the company, from marketing to logistics, can be improved with ecosystem mapping by bringing in an overview perception, while also enabling the company to be more receptive and agile to change.
4. Increase technology adoption
An ecosystem mapping process is about more than just an exercise of training with new tech, it’s about setting up the business to continually embrace and work with change to improve efficiency and app usability.
5. Use it as your problem solving tool
An ecosystem map can anticipate problems your organisation /end-users might not be able to identify from the get-go. It should give you the basics for creating context scenarios and user personas on a bird’s-eye view.
Creating and fostering a mobile-driven ecosystem map can help grow your customer base and provide your services more effectively or drive your digital transformation objectives.
Would you like to get the mapping process going? Reach out to Mobile Interaction!